About Us | Who Is There To Help
A directory of charitable helping organisations in West Dorset
West Dorset, centred on three towns, is home to many small organisations which provide vital services, but which are not all well publicised.
We hope this Directory will assist in several ways:
- Telling the local public who may have a need what is available and might be able to assist them
- Raising the profile of the relevant organisations in the area
- Providing information to people in need in West Dorset about the range of organisations which are there to help them.
- Familiarising new professional staff in helping agencies with what is available locally
- Providing information for people who are thinking of starting a new organisation about what is already in place locally.
If you are part of a charitable/voluntary organisation that offers help locally and you think your organisation should be added to this Directory, please see our page Add Your Organisation.
Creating this database has been funded by grants from West Dorset District Council’s Car Boot Sale Fund and the Valentine Trust. Making it happen has been supported by Dorchester Poverty Action Group, Charihelp and Churches Together in Dorchester.
The information contained in the Directory is that supplied by each listed organisation and the compilers of it cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy of that information.